National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
Department of Applied Mathematics
The Department of Applied Mathematics at the National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University(NYCU), a recent merger of two top-ranked public institutions in Taiwan, invites applications for a number of tenure-track or tenured positions at all levels. The candidate's expertise is expected to complement departmental strength in the following areas:
1. Partial differential equations and dynamical systems;
2. Discrete mathematics and optimization;
3. Number theory, analysis, and geometry;
4. Probability and financial mathematics;
5. Mathematical modeling and scientific computing;
6. Machine Learning, data science, and other related mathematical field.
Candidates must have an earned doctorate and have a strong record of scientific accomplishments, commensurate to the level of experience. In
addition, commitment to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate, master and doctoral levels is expected. Proficiency in Mandarin teaching is not required. Teaching load is up to 3 courses per year, possibly reduced to 2 courses for outstanding candidates, and at least one course should be taught in English.
In addition to the statutory annual salary, ranged from 1 million to 1.5 million NTD depending on the rank, it may also include the following possible stipends and benefits for outstanding candidates.
1. University Junior Fellow for young scholars with strong performance in research receives additional 30K-40K NTD monthly for up to three years.
2. Grant and stipend from government: Outstanding applicants can apply for special programs of the Ministry of Science and Technology. Detailed
regulations can be found in the webpage.
3. Yushan Fellow Program: In addition to the statutory salary, an exceptional candidate can apply Yushan (Young) Fellowship which once granted can receive at most 5 (1.5) million NTD from the Ministry of Education each year for up to 3 (5) years. Additionally, an administrative supportive grant of up to 1.5 million NTD per year are provided for 3 (5) years. Detailed information can be found in the webpage.
Applicants should submit the following:
1. Cover letter including a statement of the applicant’s research interest, teaching
experience and qualifications.
2. Curriculum vitae that includes (if any) applicant’s record of teaching, publications,grants, advising, and administrative and leadership experience.
3. Three letters of recommendation.
4. A copy of Ph.D. diploma.
5. Any other material that may be helpful to the application.
Hsinchu, Taiwan [map]; Taiwan’s Hotbed for High-Tech.
Application Deadline/Address: January 15, 2022. By e-mail
Chairman Wen Wei Lin